Saints Peter and Paul School
A Catholic STEM School
Solidly grounded in the richness of our Catholic faith and tradition,
Laying a firm and well-rounded foundation of virtue, knowledge and skill,
Through STEM education, we are forming a generation of young people equipped to shape the future through communication, collaboration and innovation.
What is STEM School? STEM education is an approach to learning which equips children with the ability to reason, question, discover, and explain, especially through integrated instruction in science, technology, engineering and math. STEM education helps students be prepared to embrace future educational and career opportunities.
Why STEM at SPPS? We believe that approaching education from the perspective of wonder, exploration and faith will ignite the love of learning in our children. Curiosity and critical thinking are fruits of STEM education. As a Catholic STEM school, we will help our children experience the beautiful harmony of faith and reason so they can be a light in the secular world, both in their careers and in their lives.
STEM School Advantages
An age-appropriate approach to STEM
- Preschool and PreK: Hands-on learning in all subjects; developing foundational skills and knowledge; learning to work independently and collaboratively
- Kindergarten– 2nd Grade: STEM units and grade-level projects each trimester; some team teaching with partnered classes
- 3rd – 4th Grades: STEM units; Weekly block for team teaching and partnered classes
- 5th – 8th Grades: STEM projects planned by science, math, and computer teachers; weekly STEM block for all grades
What does a STEM student look like?
- Critical thinker
- Problem solver
- Actively engaged in the learning process
- Recognizes and develops gifts in self and others
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- Positive about their learning
What about literacy, history, religion and the arts?
Our school will continue to follow the Archdiocese of Denver educational standards and time allotments for all subjects AND our students will delve more deeply into each of these subjects with the STEM educational model. Reading, writing, history and the arts will take on a new and more exciting dimension as our children learn to be more actively and creatively involved in the learning process.